I know it is too general but it is fun to the see the culture of apps made in the world.
1. US design is creative, innovative, simple and sleek. Color for line. Arrow for northbound.
2. UK app is advance, serious but complex. Widget, under 300k in size, osm.
3. Japanese is orderly and clean. Every detail is there. Lots of team work. 300 people to build an app.
4. Chinese is practical and math incline. Routes for latest departure, least transit etc. Quite ugly.
5. Singapore is structure, traditional and practical. So many tabs.